I am occasionally asked “what has the vOICe done for you?” I can think of 8 points right now.
1. It has allowed me to see what I cannot touch. For instance, complex scenes, shapes of items like the moon for which there is no model available at least where I live. I have also scene out the windscreen in a car.
2. I have now begun finding objects that I have dropped using the vOICe. No more groping around for stuff.
3. I have used it to evaluate web page design at my job. The evaluation is not a core component in my job but was important for the project I was working on at that time.
4. I can now perceive things remotely which is very handy especially when moving around. For example, when I visit a new place, I can get far more information by looking around using the vOICe.
5. I can now draw and see what I have drawn.
6. I can participate much much better in family activities like looking at photographs and even in the festival of lights namely diwali. I can now see what my house looks like when it is all lit up! More to the point, I can even capture that image and view it whenever I choose.
7. I have always wanted to be a researcher. The vOICe has given me the opportunity to play that role.
8. I keep discovering newer facets with this program so this list will only grow.